I love back-to-school season, mostly because of the .99 composition books (actually you can score them even cheaper!). I used my Mexi-Boho technique to add new life to this one.
Here’s is how I did it:
You’ll need one blank journal, assorted trims, crystal trim, a craft knife and Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion® Peel and Stick Tape™ .
– Open the book flat, covers facing up
– Measure and cut the trim so it goes across the entire book.
-Set out your trim in an order that you like. I love contrast, but if you look close, you can see I used gold as a repeating theme in the pattern. \
– Apply the tape to the book all the way across, rub it down with your fingers and then peel off the backing.
– Apply the ribbon/trim along the sticky side.
– Keep going, when you get the composition part, use your craft knife or scissors to cut away, so that title still shows. That is what really gives the book character!
– Add trim around the frame of the title and set the crystal trim in place. If the tape is too wide, cut it in half before applying.
– Use your fingers to pres the trim in place.
– Trim edges.
NOTE: “Mexi-Boho” is a term I’ve come up with to describe my style of crafting! It’s Bohemian, Mexi style!Love & light,