Any time there is a campaign for Tide, I jump on it. I got excited when I came across this one for Tide Pods, which I only recently discovered! For me, Tide is an emotional thing, my nana used Tide and so did my mom and my mom-in-law too. It reminds me of being in grade school when my mom first taught me how to do laundry! Now as a mom and artist, laundry detergent is one of those things I don’t have time to negotiate. The colors in my fabrics have to be on-point, whether I’m wearing them or sewing them. I don’t have time to take a risk.
I decided to use this campaign as an opportunity to share my laundry tips using Tide Pods! They are pretty genius. Each pod is made up of a three-chamber laundry pac that has double the concentration as regular liquid detergent.
NOTE: Leave a laundry tip below in the comments and I’ll chose one name next week to win a Tide Pods tub AND one Gain Flings tub!
Why I love these:
– They work with all water temperatures.
– Just toss a Pod in the drum of your machine. No more drips or bulky containers. I used to hate that my liquid detergent dripped all over the machine, inside and out, nomatter how hard I tried to keep things tidy. I had to scrub the machine down every week, so frustrating!
– No more trying to get the last drop of detergent out by adding water, shaking and pouring, etc. I know you’ve done that too!
– Doing laundry can be a pain, so at least this makes it easier and faster and with no mess!
Hey, anything to speed up the laundry process so I can get back in the art studio is a winner for me!
This is my deal with laundry. I’m an artist and hardcore crafter. I have an entirely separate wardrobe for the art room (same with my husband!). I don’t like to wear aprons. I don’t want to wear nice clothes because they’ll get ruined. In the past, I had dozens of paint shirts – they took over my life to the point where I didn’t have any piece of clothing without a paint or varnish stain. One day I got so fed up I threw them all out and started over. now I only limit myself to a few articles of clothing to use in my studio!
Laundry tips for crafters:
1. Choose 2-3 T-shirts to use for your craft clothes. I use shirts that I get at conferences so I don’t even have to buy them! I actually have six shirts I use, and I also have paint pants and shorts.
2. Keep these clothes separated from your regular clothes.
3. Fridays are my art clothes laundry days. I toss ALL of them in the washer, throw in a Tide Pod and then toss them all in the dryer and I’m good to go. If I don’t wash these on Friday, then I’m tempted to break into my nice clothes, thinking to myself, “I’ll be careful not to get anything on them!” Never works out!
4. If you get wet glue or decoupage medium on your clothes, toss those in the wash immediately, do not let it dry. As long as you wash them while the glue is wet, it will come right out!
5. If you get ceramic underglazes on any clothing, paint clothes or otherwise, don’t freak out – the Tide Pods will completely wash it out, even if you let it dry on the fabric. Yes, I know from experience!
6. When working with fabrics for crafting – ALWAYS pre-wash. This will remove any sizing. This is a big deal, especially if you are dyeing fabric because the sizing can act as a resist. When you buy clothing or fabric from the thrift store, always wash before use.
7. When working with tie-dye, after the dye has set, rinse it out in the sink until water runs clear and then run it through a washer cycle with a Tide Pod.
8. For your nice clothes, keep those way out of the way from your paint clothes so you aren’t tempted to wear them while you craft.
9. I always wash my nice blouses in cold water and then hang dry.
10. Once you’re all done with the Pods, save the container to use to hold craft supplies or also to use as a container to dye small fabric items!
Follow TIDE on Twitter!
See more about Tide Pod Pacs here!
Follow the hashtag #NuevaFormaDeLavar to see all the other blogger features!
Leave a laundry tip below in the comments and I’ll chose one name next week to win a Tide Pods tub AND one Gain Flings tub!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tide® and Gain® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.