Some shirts are just too cool to leave buried in your dresser – or at the bottom of a laundry hamper. These are a perfect example. I decided to make holiday stockings out of them!
Here is what you need:
Stocking to use as the pattern, paper to trace design onto
fabric for lining
Crafty Chica® Chunky Glitters™
Crafty Chica® Extreme Embellishment Glue™
1. Trace the outline of the stocking onto paper.
2. Set the shirt out on a flat surface and set the pattern on top. Trace around it and cut out through both layers (NOTE: If you only want the front of the shirt, just use the top layer.
3. Do the same for the lining fabric.
4. Iron the stabilizer to both sides of the t-shirt cut outs. Iron to lining.
5. With both layers facing together, sew around the edges.
6. Take an 8×10 sheet of craft felt in a contrasting color and cut it in half width wise. Glue one at the top of one side of the stocking, and another on the other side. Trim up the sides so it is flush with the edges, hot glue the felt together up the sides.
7. Turn the stocking right side out and fold the felt over to make a cuff.
8. Hot glue trim as desired.
9. Add sparkle with glitter, crystals, and glitter spray!
10. Hot glue a ribbon so you can hang it.
SHORT CUT NO-SEW METHODS: Use Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Fabric Adhesive and hold in place with clothespins.