It’s always a great thing to be chummy with a food blogger! Magic like this recipe happens. Its creator, Nicole from Presley’s Pantry was part of the American Latino Expedition I went on last week and she baked these crazy cookies for us. Potato chips, chocolate and bacon? Comfort food to the extreme! These sweetened morsels will solve every problem in your life, or at least make you forget about them. Nicole, a former rock band front woman, lives her life on the spikey side of the spatula!
OK, I know what you are thinking: “WHERE IS THE COOKIE RECIPE ALREADY?!”
Potato Chip Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nicole Presley, special for CraftyChica.com
The first time I had a potato chip cookie, I was a young adult working in a post production studio. One of the voice over talents brought in a batch, and I quickly chomped away at one. I remember the crunchy-ness ,the sublime sweet salty combination, and wondering why more people were not celebrating this wonderful cookie across the land? Since then, I have never ran into another batch of potato chip cookies unless I make them myself.
Fast forward to Kathy and I becoming friends. I adore this lady friend of mine Miss Crafty Chica, and I assume if you are reading this post you do too! We talked about me doing a guest post on her blog some time ago, and I finally got around to making something for you all to enjoy. I decided to make some potato chip cookies, but since her and I share a love of chocolate and bacon, I threw those ingredients in there too for good measure. I hope you delight in these cookies…. Kathy and I had a good time eating them together.
- 2 – sticks of butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 – cup sugar
- 3/4 – cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 – eggs
- 1 – teaspoon vanilla
- 1 – teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ¼ – cups flour
- 1 – cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 ¾ – potato chip crumbs
- 5 – slices of cooked bacon (crumbled)
Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixer cream the butter and sugars together for 5 minutes on a medium speed.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated about 2 minutes.
- Then in a separate bowl add in baking soda and flour. Mix these two ingredients to combine.
- Slowly add the flour/baking soda mixture to the butter/sugar/egg mixture. Mix until fully combined.
- Add in chocolate chips, 1 ¾ – cups of potato chip crumbs, and crumbled bacon. Mix until combined.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Repeat until all the dough is rolled into balls. This part of the recipe can be messy. 🙂
- Place 2 cups of potato chip crumbs on a plate and roll balls into chips to coat them completely.
- Place coated cookie dough on a cookie sheet lined with a baking mat or wax paper 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes on sheet then remove to a cooling rack.
[useful_banner_manager banners=2 count=1]Love & light,