Mexican Milagro Copper Chime
Now that we have a fancy patio, we decided to ditch all of our previous hanging decor and upgrade with new pieces. I happened to have a stack of the these gorgeous copper milagros that I bought but never used. Once I saw the selection of pre-cut copper pipes (!!!!!!) at Lowe’s I decided to make a wind chime. OK – truth is, my husband Patrick gave me the idea of using the pre-cut copper pipes, but I incorporated the milagros! It’s a partnership, right?
TIP on choosing copper pipes, the longer they are, the better the chiming sound. I saw some small chunky pieces, they look cute but don;t make any noise. Stick with medium-to-large widths.
4 metal milagros
1. sketch your design on a piece of paper and decide where you need to drill your holes on the pipes and milagros. Drill, using the bit for metal.
2. Spray paint the canopy. you can also use a label remover to take off any price stickers from the copper pipes.
3. Double loop the twine through the top hole. I added a wood bracelet to use as the hanger.
4. Now cut a piece of bamboo skewer and stick through the holes of the pipes and tie the twine and connect all the pieces. I liked this method because the twine doesn’t show as much, but if you don’t mind it show, you can just string the pieces together.
5. Make sure to use the T-pipe in the center, this will be the ringer that will make your chime, well….chime!
6. Set it on a flat surface and make sure you like how it looks. NOTE: My family didn’t like the torso milagro, so I switched it out. Wimps!
TIP: If you have twine that shows, hit it with some spray paint, so it will all blend together.
See more awesome DIY ideas at Lowe’s Creative Ideas!
Also – I suggest following them on the Vine app, they have brilliant six-second DIY videos – you can also see them on the Lowe’s Tumblr!
This post was brought to you by the Lowe’s Creative Ideas Network! I’m now a Creative Influencers team member – that means you’ll see original Crafty Chica Lowes-themed projects like this on my blog every month! Visit the Lowe’s Creative Ideas Blog to see all the projects from the other bloggers! As a part of the LCI Network, I received Lowe’s gift cards to pay for these projects.
Kathy Cano-Murillo is an Author and artist, founder of CraftyChica.com.
The folks from Target recently enlisted me shop for their “My Kind of Holiday” campaign. I knew immediately what
Here I am with my cousin Stephanie, after we came home from a month in Europe during the mid-80s. We