Show your patriotism this Independence Day with the help of a “paws”itively adorable friend! Create a spirited display with Crafty Chica™ Little Chica Paint Packs™ and Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®. Add super sparkle with Aleene’s® Paper Glaze™ and Crafty Chica™ Chunky Glitters™.
- Aleene’s® Paper Glaze
- Crafty Chica™ Little Chica Paint Packs™
- Crafty Chica™ Chunky Glitters™
25692 Rockabilly Rudy 25694 Glamour Queen Green 25696 Goddess Gold
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Crafty Chica™ Glossy Gloss Varnish™
Toilet paper roll
Ceramic Chihuahua figurine (or any other animal!)
Paintbrushes – various sizes
Yarn – white
- Cover work surface with newspapers. Squeeze puddles of Black, Green, White and Blue (or desired colors) Little Chica Paints onto foil. Paint the Chihuahua Black with Blue accents as shown. Add White highlights to eyes. Paint wood base Green. Add additional paint coats as necessary then let all pieces dry.
- Cut a piece of cardstock and roll into a cone shape, then glue together where edges meet with Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®. Glue cone to the top of the toilet paper roll. Cut another piece of cardstock into a circle shape that is slightly larger than circumference of roll. Bend edges upward slightly, then add Original Tacky Glue® and insert into bottom of roll. Let dry.
- Paint roll with Red, White and Blue stars and stripes designs to look like a firework and let dry. Paint Aleene’s® Paper Glaze™ onto cone portion of roll and sprinkle on Rockabilly Ruby glitter. Tap off excess onto scratch paper and return to container for reuse. Let dry.
- Use Original Tacky Glue® to adhere the dog to the back center of base, then glue the firework on its side in front of dog.
- Use scissors to poke a hole in the center of cardstock piece at base of firework. Insert bamboo chopstick into firework base, leaving about 3” sticking out, then glue in place with Tacky Glue. Glue a piece of yarn at the base as well. Let dry.
- Cut bamboo skewer to about 3” and glue in place in dog’s mouth. Cut a piece of cardstock in the shape of a flame, then paint on Paper Glaze™ and sprinkle on Goddess Gold glitter. Let dry and shake off excess. Paint Red accent lines around the flame and up the middle. Let dry.
- Glue flame onto end of skewer in dog’s mouth. Let dry.
- Cover the Green base with Aleene’s® Paper Glaze and sprinkle on Glamour Queen Green glitter. Shake off excess and let dry.
- Coat the dog with Glossy Gloss Varnish™ and let dry.
Peace, love, and glitter!