It’s almost 1 a.m., I’m in bed almost fast asleep when the idea for this post popped in my head. I have this weird sense of urgency to add it, otherwise I would wait until morning…
Do something nice today. While you’re at it, do something different than usual too. Here are some ideas.
– You know the co-worker you walk by everyday on your way to your desk? Stop at their cubicle and ask them how they are doing. Notice the decorations they have on their desk, maybe you will learn something new and exciting about them.
– At lunch or dinner today, order something you never thought you would order. Ask yourself why you never thought of eating that before.
– Call your mom or dad, sister or brother and chit chat about things like their favorite TV show or the last pair of shoes they just bought.
– If you see someone wearing a cool piece of clothing, tell them they look great!
– Look through your closet to the stuff you hardly ever wear and then put something that you had forgot about.
– Drive, walk or ride home in a different path than usual, even if it takes a bit longer.
– Do you always drive by the same store and wonder what they sell? Pull over and go check it out.
– Go to the book store, pick up some weird magazines you never knew existed and read them in the cafe area.
– Buy a blank canvas and use old magazines or newspaper to make a self-portrait collage.
– Go to a record store and pick up an album you used to love from way back when.
– Watch a Mexican soap opera and try to figure out the storyline, even if you don’t speak Spanish.
– Whenever someone does something nice for you, look them in the eye and say *thank you* like you mean it.
– Go see a movie you’ve been curious about, even if you have to go by yourself. Just do it!
– Sign up for a workshop you’ve always wanted to take.
– Next time you see puppies for sale on the street corner, pull over and hold a few of them. The cute factor alone will make you happy!
– Leave the last bite of your yummy dessert for the guaradian angel who hangs out over your shoulder. They might like desserts too!
– Next time you hear someone groaning and griping, give them a compliment to lighten the mood.
Most of all, take time out to do something special just for you! Remember you will get back what you give out three times over, so make the most of it! OK, my mission has been accomplished, heading to a good night’s sleep…
Leave your own ideas here 🙂Love & light,